Thursday, March 12, 2015

#567 Last Year at Marienbad

It probably didn't help that I started to watch this as soon as I woke up, but this movie as putting me to sleep. I'm not a big fan of movies that use a ton of voice over, and this movie is filled with it. Voice over used over tracking shots of people standing/ sitting completely still. They could have probably saved a lot of money on this film if they just used mannequins, and it wouldn't have made a huge difference. The overall plot of this movie is that a man sees a woman at this really fancy hotel, and he spends the movie trying to convince her that they met each other the year before. At first she seems to have no memory of him, but eventually she seems to start to believe him. This movie was very pretty to look at at times, but I lost interest right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment